GitGuardian is a French cybersecurity startup helping developers and security teams secure source code.
Built by developers for developers, their mission is to protect businesses against unauthorized access to some of their most critical systems and data.
GitGuardian already helped more than 100 of the Fortune 500 as well as government organizations find exposed sensitive information that they call secrets on GitHub, that could often lead to tens of millions of dollars in potential damage.
Founded in 2017, they are post Series A and growing fast! They are supported by top-tier VCs and world-class investors who believe in their vision and ability to execute the business such as Solomon Hykes (Docker), Scott Chacon (Github), Renaud Visage (Eventbrite).
Based in Paris they are a true citizen of the world with more than 80% of their customers in the United States.
The Guardians are young, passionate and aiming high!
We are looking for a passionate VP Product to help us develop a developer-first cybersecurity solution.
You will be a part of GitGuardian’s journey, that protects the open source community against hackers and makes it a robust, scalable and globally trusted product!
You will lead a team of talented people composed of technical Product Managers and Product Designer and report directly to the CTO.
You will be the leader of the product department and will notably work on GitGuardian's two main products: Internal Repository Monitoring and Public Repository Monitoring. You will be responsible for defining their roadmap and associated KPIs, in collaboration with your team.
One of your main responsibilities and challenges will be to structure the link that exists between the product department and the sales, marketing and engineering teams. We are very “product oriented” which means that the product is at the center of lots of interactions between the other departments. Therefore you will help us :
- Structure the link between Product & Engineering on deliverability, bugs and QA topics
- Structure the link between Product & Sales on customer research, feature requests, roadmap and clients expectations topics
- Structure the link between Product & Marketing on launching new features / products
Thanks to your strategic vision and your excellent understanding of our ecosystem you will be in charge of :
- Developing the medium and long term strategic vision of our products
- Helping us scale the product team in terms of size and structure
- Gathering insights from various collaborators in other GitGuardian departments (sales, customer success, product marketing, developer advocacy...) to help you understand our current positioning and challenges
- Gatherings feedback from customers, prospects and developers to understand their needs, requirements, and collaborate with them to build solutions
- Work in close collaboration with the CTO to build and deliver the best possible experiences for customers. You will focus on the “why” of the product and the CTO on the “how”
- Working in close collaboration with our VP of Marketing and our product marketing team to align product strategy with the marketing strategy
- Establishing competitive intelligence and market analysis to identify innovative solutions, trends, possible partnerships, to make sure our products are shaped to be differentiated
- Managing your team, making sure they are able to reach their full potential and objectives
- Maintain the duality of our vision to be able to build products for single developer as well as for large enterprise with ten thousand of developers
Why join us?
As a post Series A startup, we are facing many exciting and strategic challenges and we are experiencing rapid growth!
We offer an amazing opportunity to be a part of a strong technical DNA company (built by developers for developers), with a strong impact on the open source community (our free product for individual developers, already alerted 400K developers!)
We built a product that scans GitHub for sensitive information (API keys, database connection strings, proprietary code, etc.), at scale (2.5M commits/day). We seek to automate the creation of “policies” that are enforced at every stage of the development lifecycle (IDE and pre-commit, CI) to make the source code more secure.
Our offices are based in central Paris (75011) and each person of the team can do remote work for 2 days a week in order to facilitate a good work - life balance.
- Degree in engineering
- 4 - 6 years of experience in a product leadership role
- People management experience
- Relevant experience in working on a B2B SaaS solutions dedicated to large enterprise clients: you are accustomed to working with your clients and listen to them, which gives you an excellent understanding of their needs
- Ability to prioritize topics with a pragmatic attitude. Therefore you know when to give up, and you are realistic in your time estimates
- Strategic thinking : you have the ability to step back and think about macro impacts without getting bogged down in the details
- You have a proven track record of implementing processes, follow-up documents, tools and team rituals
- Ideally former experience as a developer and excellent understanding of how security teams work
- You’re a true team player, always willing to help your peers improve their skills
- Deep understanding of the startups dynamics and challenges, because we are expanding constantly !
- Have experienced strong team growth in a previous company
- Have experienced in developing a product for developers or DevOps or security team
- Former experience in Cybersecurity
- You want to build tools to secure the software development lifecycle :).
- 1 visio call with the HR department
- 1 visio call with the CTO
- 1 technical test and meeting with the product team
- 1 final step interview with the CEO