GitGuardian is a French cybersecurity startup helping developers and security teams secure source code.
Built by developers for developers, their mission is to protect businesses against unauthorized access to some of their most critical systems and data.
GitGuardian already helped more than 100 of the Fortune 500 as well as government organizations find exposed sensitive information that they call secrets on GitHub, that could often lead to tens of millions of dollars in potential damage.
Founded in 2017, they are post Series A and growing fast! They are supported by top-tier VCs and world-class investors who believe in their vision and ability to execute the business such as Solomon Hykes (Docker), Scott Chacon (Github), Renaud Visage (Eventbrite).
Based in Paris they are a true citizen of the world with more than 80% of their customers in the United States.
The Guardians are young, passionate and aiming high!
We are looking for a passionate senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to help us develop a developer-first cybersecurity solution.
You will be a part of GitGuardian’s journey, that protects the open source community against hackers and makes it a robust, scalable and globally trusted product!
You will join a team of 2 SREs and you will report directly to the head of SRE.
Your main mission will be to manage all the infrastructure, deploy and maintain security policies and take part into the software development life cycle.
At GitGuardian, the SRE team is responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning.
By joining our team, you will:
- Build, deploy and maintain high availability platform for each product
- Shared Cloud Platform
- Dedicated Cloud Platform
- OnPrem Dedicated Platform
- Ensure that infrastructure is aligned with our customers needs and SLA/SLO requirements
- Deploy & maintain a monitoring policy that match business KPIs, not only technical KPIs
- Data Management:
- We store a lot of data for our customers or for our internal needs. You will manage, maintain & make actual services evolve to meet company goals
- 160TB on S3
- A 10+ nodes Elasticsearch cluster with 3.2TB of RAM and 720TB of storage
- Follow & deploy security best practices to ensure that GitGuardian products are aligned with security standards
- SOC 2 implementation
- Security reviews from our customers
- Continuous improvement of our security standard regarding our customers needs
- Deploy & maintain backup policy regarding the critical level of stored data
- Take part into Cloud Cost optimization
- Help developers troubleshoot applications incidents and choose the best possible architecture for each product
- Install & maintain GitGuardian's IT infrastructure and laptops (Linux, macOS)
- You will be part of the OnCall team and you will have to deploy as much as possible auto healing services to minimise OnCall actions
- Write and maintain documentation about infrastructure, process & security
- Support our Sales teams, including during some Customer calls, on specifics relative to SRE.
Our technical stack:
- Backend: Python + Django, Go
- Frontend: React / Typescript
- DB: PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch (+ Kibana), MongoDB
- Log and error management: Elastic Stack, Sentry
- Deployment: Docker, Terraform
- Cloud provider: AWS and OVH
- Monitoring: Datadog
- Message brokering: Rabbit MQ, Redis
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Ansible
- CI/CD: Gitlab and Docker
- Secrets management : Vault
Why join us?
As a post Series A startup, we are facing many exciting and strategic challenges and we are experiencing rapid growth!
We offer an amazing opportunity to be a part of a strong technical DNA company (built by developers for developers), with a strong impact on the open source community (our free product for individual developers, already alerted 400K developers!)
We built a product that scans GitHub for sensitive information (API keys, database connection strings, proprietary code, etc.), at scale (2.5M commits/day). We seek to automate the creation of “policies” that are enforced at every stage of the development lifecycle (IDE and pre-commit, CI) to make the source code more secure.
Our offices are based in central Paris (75011) and each person of the team can do remote work for 2 days a week in order to facilitate a good work - life balance.
- Degree in engineering, computer science or similar technical field
- 6 - 10 years of previous experience in a similar position
- Embrace a DevOps philosophy with a strong security appetite!
- Deep knowledge of AWS (or another Cloud Provider), Terraform, Docker
- 2 years of experience using Kubernetes in production
- Passion for cloud and distributed architectures, support and automation
- Experience working with the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems
- Experience handling big data ( 100 Go < < 10 To) with PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ELK stack
- Very good english skills: to help our clients when needed
- You don’t embed API keys in your code ;-)
- You’re a true team player, always willing to help your peers improve their skills!
- Deep understanding of the startups dynamics and challenges
- Have experienced strong team growth in a previous company
- 1 visio call with the head of SRE
- 1 technical test depending on seniority
- 1 technical team interview
- 1 final step interview with the CEO