We are looking for a senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to help us develop a developer-first cybersecurity solution.
You will be a part of GitGuardian’s journey, that protects the open source community against hackers and makes it a robust, scalable and globally trusted product!
You will join a team of 4 SREs and you will report directly to the Lead SRE.
Your main mission will be to manage all the infrastructure, deploy and maintain security policies and take part into the software development life cycle.
At GitGuardian, the SRE team is responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning.
By joining our team, you will:
- Build, deploy and maintain high availability platform on cloud and on-premise platforms with industrialized deployments
- Ensure that infrastructure is aligned with our customers needs and SLA/SLO requirements
- Deploy & maintain a monitoring policy that match business KPIs, not only technical KPIs
- About Data Management, as we store a lot of data for our customers or for our internal needs, you will manage, maintain and make actual services evolve to meet company goals (context: 160TB on S3, dozen of Elasticsearch nodes on a cluster with 3.2TB of RAM and 720TB of storage…)
- Follow & deploy security best practices to ensure that GitGuardian products are aligned with security standards
- SOC 2 implementation
- Security reviews from our customers
- Continuous improvement of our security standard regarding our customers needs
- Deploy & maintain backup policy regarding the critical level of stored data
- Take part into Cloud Cost optimization
- Help developers troubleshoot applications incidents and choose the best possible architecture for each product
- You will be part of the OnCall team and you will have to deploy as much as possible auto healing services to minimise OnCall actions
- Write and maintain documentation about infrastructure, process & security
- Support our Sales teams, including during some Customer calls, on specifics relative to SRE.
Our technical stack:
- Backend: Python + Django, Go
- Frontend: React / Typescript
- DB: PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch (+ Kibana), MongoDB
- Log and error management: Elastic Stack, Sentry
- Deployment: Docker, Terraform
- Cloud provider: AWS and OVH
- Monitoring: Datadog
- Message brokering: Rabbit MQ, Redis
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Ansible
- CI/CD: Gitlab and Docker
- Secrets management : Vault
Why should you join us?
As a post Series B startup, we are facing many exciting & strategic challenges and we are experiencing very rapid growth: our goal is to recruit +100 people in 2022!
🌴 A remote-friendly environment up to 3 days / week
💸 An attractive package that includes stock-options
💻 The latest setup equipment including cool apps, tools and technologies
👊 Working to develop a meaningful product → we already helped more than 200k developers!
🍺 Lots of team-building activities
🚀 Many opportunities for career development in the long term
📈 A strong engineering culture
🐕 Pet-friendly offices → every Guardian gets to bring their dogs to the office and we love it!
👫 Lots of trust & autonomy on your perimeter with a very transparent internal communication
- Degree in engineering, computer science or similar technical field
- 6 - 10 years of previous experience in a similar position
- Embrace a DevOps philosophy with a strong security appetite!
- Deep knowledge of AWS (or another Cloud Provider), Terraform, Docker
- 2 years of experience using Kubernetes in production
- Passion for cloud and distributed architectures, support and automation
- Experience working with the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems
- Experience handling big data ( 100 Go < < 10 To) with PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ELK stack
- Very good english skills: to help our clients when needed
- You don’t embed API keys in your code ;-)
- You’re a true team player, always willing to help your peers improve their skills!
- Deep understanding of the startups dynamics and challenges
- Have experienced strong team growth in a previous company
GitGuardian is a global post series B cybersecurity startup, we raised $44M recently with American and European investors including top-tier VC firms.
Among some of the visionaries who saw this unique market value proposition, are the co-founder of GitHub, Scott Chacon, along with Docker co-founder and CTO Solomon Hykes.
We develop code security solutions for the DevOps generation and are a leader in the market of secrets detection & remediation.
Our solutions are already used by hundreds of thousands of developers in all industries and GitGuardian Internal monitoring is the n°1 security app on the GitHub marketplace. GitGuardian helps organizations find exposed sensitive information, that could often lead to tens of millions of dollars in potential damage.
We work with some of the largest IT outsourcing companies, publicly listed companies like Talend or tech companies like Datadog.
Based in Paris we are a true citizen of the world with more than 80% of their customers in the United States.
The Guardians are young, passionate and aiming high! 🙌
- 1 visio call with the head of SRE
- 1 technical test depending on seniority
- 1 technical team interview
- 1 final step interview with the CEO