GitGuardian is a French cybersecurity startup helping developers and security teams secure source code.
Built by developers for developers, their mission is to protect businesses against unauthorized access to some of their most critical systems and data.
GitGuardian already helped more than 100 of the Fortune 500 as well as government organizations find exposed sensitive information that they call secrets on GitHub, that could often lead to tens of millions of dollars in potential damage.
Founded in 2017, they are post Series A and growing fast! They are supported by top-tier VCs and world-class investors who believe in their vision and ability to execute the business such as Solomon Hykes (Docker), Scott Chacon (Github), Renaud Visage (Eventbrite).
Based in Paris they are a true citizen of the world with more than 80% of their customers in the United States.
The Guardians are young, passionate and aiming high!
We are looking for a passionate IT Manager to be a part of GitGuardian’s journey, that protects the open source community against hackers and makes it a robust, scalable and globally trusted product!
You will join a growing team of 2 SREs and you will report directly to the Head of SRE.
Your main mission will be to manage all the IT assets, hardware and software, that help Guardians work in a safe, reliable and productive environment.
By joining our team, you will:
- Maintain our IT assets inventory (laptops, screens, printers, video conferencing systems, switches, mouse, keyboards, etc.)
- Manage the commercial relationship with suppliers
- Prepare, install laptops (hardware and software deployment)
- Onboard new users by creating their Google Workspace account and managing their access rights on our internal tools and SaaS applications
- Ensure the security of our assets, in compliance with our SOC 2 policies
- Provide support to users on laptops and IT devices (video conferencing, printing, etc.)
- Maintain, configure and support our networking equipments
- Write, maintain and improve technical documentations for the SRE / IT team, and end-user documentations for all employees and contractors
You will participate in the following projects:
- Test and choose the best equipments, optimizing price, comfort, and hardware / software compatibility
- Choose, design and implement GitGuardian’s MDM (Mobile Device Management) system
- Choose, design and implement GitGuardian’s IT asset management software
- Work with the SRE team to provide a safe, reliable and secure work environment to all Guardians and contractors
Our technical stack:
- Dell XPS laptops
- Apple Macbook Pro or Air
- Google Workspace for emails, calendars, shared directories, office applications, global documentation (Handbook), SAML & SSO authentication
- Gitlab for ticketing, technical documentation and Infrastructure as Code versioning
- Ubuntu Linux on Dell laptops, exceptionally Windows
- macOS 11.x on Apple laptops
Why join us?
As a post Series A startup, we are facing many exciting and strategic challenges and we are experiencing rapid growth!
We offer an amazing opportunity to be a part of a strong technical DNA company (built by developers for developers), with a strong impact on the open source community (our free product for individual developers, already alerted 400K developers!)
We built a product that scans GitHub for sensitive information (API keys, database connection strings, proprietary code, etc.), at scale (2.5M commits/day). We seek to automate the creation of “policies” that are enforced at every stage of the development lifecycle (IDE and pre-commit, CI) to make the source code more secure.
Our offices are based in central Paris (75011) and each person of the team can do remote work for 2 days a week in order to facilitate a good work - life balance.
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a similar technical field, or equivalent experience
- 2 - 5 years of previous experience in a similar position
- Good knowledge of Linux, macOS and eventually Windows
- Previous experience with an MDM system
- Previous experience with an IT asset management system
- Passion for computer hardware & software, support and automation
- Good english skills
- You don’t hand passwords to users on post-it notes ;-)
- You’re a true team player, always willing to help your peers improve their skills!
- You have a deep understanding of the startups dynamics and challenges
- You have experienced strong team growth in a previous company
- You have worked in a SOC 2 compliant, or ISO 27001 certified environment
- 1 call with your futur manager, the head of SRE
- 1 technical test
- 1 last call with our HR or CTO