We are looking for a Solution Engineer to help our prospects and customers deploy and operationalize our solutions. You will be a part of GitGuardian’s journey, a global cybersecurity startup focusing on code security solutions for the DevOps generation. Our solutions are already used by more than 200K developers across the world!
As a Solution Engineer, you will be a part of the Sales team, and will act as the main point of contact for our clients, helping them deploy GitGuardian products into their ecosystem.
- Our typical customers are companies with hundreds or thousands of developers that are leveraging hundreds of third party SaaS, PaaS and IaaS services and are mature on DevOps and cloud adoption.
- Our products are used by different teams: Software Development and Ops teams, Application Security, Threat Response and the buying decision comes from CISOs / CTOs / Directors of Security.
- We have a very strong presence on the US market where most of our revenue comes from. We are addressing the US market entirely from France, selling the product over video conference.
- You must be willing to work over video conferences in such an international environment and be comfortable in English.
By joining our team, you will:
- Assist our customers with the deployment of our Kubernetes based application on their premises, for both POCs and production purposes.
- Guide our customers through the install process and act as a technical advisor regarding architecture questions. Your typical speakers on the client side would be SRE / DevOps people.
- Help our customers debug our application in their environment by investigating applicative and network logs.
- Work with prestigious Top 500 Fortune companies, successful scale-ups and next-generation unicorns to secure their code base by implementing GitGuardian’s technology in their Software Delivery LifeCycle.
- Develop a deep understanding of our products, both SaaS and On Premise versions
- Support our clients with their implementation, ensuring the whole process runs smoothly while putting in place the necessary control procedures to ensure that they do not encounter any bugs in the early use of our products.
- Collaborate with the Sales Engineering and our Engineering teams to ensure customers technical success for adhoc implementations.
- Act as the main point of contact between the customer and the issues they encounter & our Engineering teams to:
- investigate bugs
- improve deployment processes and the tooling we provide to customers to monitor their instances.
- Within the GitGuardian team, you will be a bridge between the engineering/product/SRE and sales engineering teams, helping gather feedback on pain points.
- Participate in writing customer-facing documentation & processes for on-premises deployments.
- Develop security and sales engineering skills by :
- Creating custom workflows and technical presentations for your customer portfolio
- Assisting Sales team during technical calls with our customers
- Writing custom scripts demonstrating the power of our API to programmatically manage incidents
Our technical stack:
- Deployment: Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure…), KOTS (Kubernetes of the shelf), Kurl
- Network knowledge: Load Balancing, firewalls, routing, traffic analysis
- Language: Shell scripting, Python
- Databases and brokers: PostgreSQL, Redis
- Monitoring: Prometheus, Grafana
Why should you join us?
As a post Series B startup, we are facing many exciting & strategic challenges and we are experiencing very rapid growth: our goal is to recruit +100 people in 2022!
🌴 A remote-friendly environment up to 3 days / week
💸 An attractive package that includes stock-options
💻 The latest setup equipment including cool apps, tools and technologies
👊 Working to develop a meaningful product → we already helped more than 200k developers!
🍺 Lots of team-building activities
🚀 Many opportunities for career development in the long term
📈 A strong engineering culture
🐕 Pet-friendly offices → every Guardian gets to bring their dogs to the office and we love it!
👫 Lots of trust & autonomy on your perimeter with a very transparent internal communication
Degree in engineering, computer science or similar technical field
Client facing personality
Comfortable in English as most of our clients are American
Experience debugging systems and leading troubleshooting efforts
2 years of experience using Kubernetes in production
Analytical skills to investigate and understand different customer environments leading to different root causes for issues
Embrace a DevOps philosophy with a strong security appetite!
You’re a true team player, always willing to help your peers improve their skills!
Deep understanding of the startups dynamics and challenges
Have experienced strong team growth in a previous company
GitGuardian is a global post series B cybersecurity startup, we raised $44M recently with American and European investors including top-tier VC firms.
Among some of the visionaries who saw this unique market value proposition, are the co-founder of GitHub, Scott Chacon, along with Docker co-founder and CTO Solomon Hykes.
We develop code security solutions for the DevOps generation and are a leader in the market of secrets detection & remediation.
Our solutions are already used by hundreds of thousands of developers in all industries and GitGuardian Internal monitoring is the n°1 security app on the GitHub marketplace. GitGuardian helps organizations find exposed sensitive information, that could often lead to tens of millions of dollars in potential damage.
We work with some of the largest IT outsourcing companies, publicly listed companies like Talend or tech companies like Datadog.
Based in Paris we are a true citizen of the world with more than 80% of their customers in the United States.
The Guardians are young, passionate and aiming high! 🙌
1 visio call with the talent acquisition team
1 technical interview with the sales engineering team
1 technical test depending on seniority
1 final interview with the CEO