We are looking for a Lead SRE for our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team.
You will join a team of 5 SREs and you will report directly to the VP of Engineering.
Your main mission will be to manage all the infrastructure and the team that works on it, deploy and maintain security policies and take part into the software development life cycle.
At GitGuardian, the SRE team is responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning.
- Lead a team of Software/Systems Engineers who build, deploy and maintain high availability platform for each product
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of key services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Lead by example, mentor the team and establish credibility through quality technical execution
- Manage on-call rotations and deploy auto healing services to minimize on-call actions
- Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency and efficiency of GitGuardian's services
- Manage complex projects and set up OKRs for your team.
Our technical stack:
- Backend: Python + Django, Go
- Frontend: React / Typescript
- DB: PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, MongoDB
- Log and error management: Elastic Stack, Sentry
- Deployment: K8s, ArgoCD
- Cloud provider: AWS and OVH
- Monitoring: Datadog
- Message brokers: RabbitMQ, Redis
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Ansible
- CI/CD: Gitlab
- Secrets management : Vault
Why should you join us?
As a post Series B startup, we are facing many exciting & strategic challenges and we are experiencing very rapid growth: our goal is to recruit +100 people in 2022!
🌴 A remote-friendly environment up to 3 days / week
💸 An attractive package that includes stock-options
💻 The latest setup equipment including cool apps, tools and technologies
👊 Working to develop a meaningful product → we already helped more than 200k developers!
🍺 Lots of team-building activities
🚀 Many opportunities for career development in the long term
📈 A strong engineering culture
🐕 Pet-friendly offices → every Guardian gets to bring their dogs to the office and we love it!
👫 Lots of trust & autonomy on your perimeter with a very transparent internal communication
- Degree in engineering, computer science or similar technical field
- 2 years of previous experience in a similar management position
- Embrace a DevOps philosophy with a strong security appetite!
- Deep knowledge of AWS (or another Cloud Provider), Terraform
- 2 years of experience using Kubernetes in production
- Passion for cloud and distributed architectures, support and automation
- Experience working with the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems
- You don’t embed API keys in your code ;-)
- You’re a true team player, always willing to help your peers improve their skills!
- Deep understanding of the startups dynamics and challenges
- Have experienced strong team growth in a previous company
GitGuardian is a global post series B cybersecurity startup, we raised $44M recently with American and European investors including top-tier VC firms.
Among some of the visionaries who saw this unique market value proposition, are the co-founder of GitHub, Scott Chacon, along with Docker co-founder and CTO Solomon Hykes.
We develop code security solutions for the DevOps generation and are a leader in the market of secrets detection & remediation.
Our solutions are already used by hundreds of thousands of developers in all industries and GitGuardian Internal monitoring is the n°1 security app on the GitHub marketplace. GitGuardian helps organizations find exposed sensitive information, that could often lead to tens of millions of dollars in potential damage.
We work with some of the largest IT outsourcing companies, publicly listed companies like Talend or tech companies like Datadog.
Based in Paris we are a true citizen of the world with more than 80% of their customers in the United States.
The Guardians are young, passionate and aiming high! 🙌
- 1 video call with the VP of Engineering
- 1 technical team interview
- 1 final step interview with the CTO