What would you be working on ?
- Our typical customers are companies with hundreds of developers that are leveraging hundreds of services like SaaS applications, cloud infrastructures, or internal microservices and are mature on DevOps and cloud adoption.
- Our products are used by different teams: Software Development and Ops teams, Application Security, Threat Response and the buying decision comes from CISOs / CTOs / Directors of Security.
That’s why it is critical for GitGuardian to maintain a structured and agile environment, your work will matter and will be taken very seriously !
As a VP of Engineering at GitGuardian, you will report directly to the cofounder and CTO and your principal mission will be to guarantee the good technical execution of the product vision, while helping the GitGuardian engineering team to scale.
You will also be a member of our Direction Committee (CoDir).
- Manage and synchronize the various development teams to ensure that the roadmap is properly implemented, while respecting our acceptance criteria
- Bring structure and good processes in place to support our ambitions
- Accompany the tech managers in their daily work to help them increase their skills and autonomy in their area of responsibility
- In collaboration with HR, build the human growth strategy of the tech organization, involving managers in the definition of recruitment processes for their teams. We will have to recruit more than 30 engineers in the next 18 months.
- With your experience and excellent understanding of our ecosystem and market, you are able to make strategic decisions that will allow the entire tech department to work efficiently in the right direction
- Challenge the CTO in the contruction of the company's technical strategy
- Contribute to our knowledge sharing culture (formations, internal stackoverflow, technical documentation)
- Choose the right tools we are using to do software engineering in order to maximise our velocity and challenge the CTO about it
- Maintain and optimize budgets to meet our goals
- Participate to the CODIR meetings and discuss about company strategy
- We use Python for the backend with a little bit of Go and React and Typescript for the frontend.
More about you
If you think you are only matching 70% to 80% of these criterias, please send us your resume !
And if you still have some questions before applying, you can directly write to us at : email@example.com
- You have a degree in engineering
- You are familiar with our technical stack
- You have incredible problem solving abilities with a synthetic and analytical mindset
- You have strong organizational and leadership skills, able to lead growing teams while maintaining a structured environment
- You have 3 to 5 years of former experience as a VP of Engineering in a scale-up environment for a B2B SaaS product
- You have very good communication and interpersonal skills, ability to anticipate human issues
- You have a very dynamic and autonomous personality
- You have a deep understanding of the startups dynamics and challenges
- You are familiar with SAAS products and agile release cycle
- Have experienced strong team growth in a previous company : you have scaled a team from 20 engineers to 50 and more
- You have built SAAS products for large enterprises
- You are familiar with “modern on premise deployment”
- You enjoy building tools for developers
- You are aware of the new DevSecOps revolution and want to contribute :)
- You are passionate about knowledge sharing and well written documentation
Why should you join us ?
- 🌴 A remote-friendly environment up to 3 days / week for people living close to Paris, and have a full-remote policy for people living outside
- 💸 An attractive package that includes stock-options
- 🏄A yearly holiday allowance
- 💻A home office allowance to improve your set-up at home, and the latest technology equipment
- 💰A referral bonus of 4k€ for any new Guardians we might hire thanks to you
- 👊 Working on a meaningful product, we already helped more than 200k developers!
- 🍺 Lots of team-building activities including 1 per month for the whole company
- 🚀 Many opportunities for career development in the long term
- 📈 A strong engineering culture, see this page to discover our R&D projects
- 🐕 Pet-friendly offices, every Guardian gets to bring their dogs
- 👫 Trust & autonomy on your perimeter with a very transparent internal communication
1 Visio call with a recruiter
To discover your professional project, present to you the team, and evaluate if there could be a mutual match
1 Interview with the cofounder
To evaluate your hard skills for the position, project yourself into the role and making sure you would be able to succeed in the following steps of the recruitment process
1 Team interview with team members (Engineering managers, Leads)
To know more about yourself, present to you the team : missions, rituals, seniority level
1 Final interview with our investors
Because this position is very impactful and strategic to us, every CoDir members gets to see one of our investors
Curious to know more about us ?
- GitGuardian is a global post series B cybersecurity startup, we raised $44M recently with American and European investors including top-tier VC firms.
- Among some of the visionaries who saw this unique market value proposition, are the co-founder of GitHub, Scott Chacon, along with Docker co-founder and CTO Solomon Hykes 👀
- We develop code security solutions for the DevOps generation and are a leader in the market of secrets detection & remediation.
- Our solutions are already used by hundreds of thousands of developers in all industries and GitGuardian Internal monitoring is the n°1 security app on the GitHub marketplace 🔥
- GitGuardian helps organizations find exposed sensitive information that could often lead to tens of millions of dollars in potential damage.
- We work with some of the largest IT outsourcing companies, publicly listed companies like Talend or tech companies like Datadog.
- More than 80% of our customers are in the United States.
- The majority of the team is based in Paris and we are growing fast, and in a sustainable way, while maintaining our core values.
- The Guardians are very knowledgeable, committed, serious, aligned with the company’s mission, and true team players : always willing to help pairs grow their skills !
- The team is diverse, come from more than 12 different nationalities and speak English regularly
- We are also very agile, remote-friendly, pet-friendly, and fun people to work with 🐕