What would you work on ?
The Data Engineering team is responsible for the company Data Warehouse. Its mission is to develop and maintain the data pipelines in order to provide other departments with all the data needed for reporting, dashboarding and analytics.
As a Data Engineer Intern, your main mission will be to develop one or several pipeline(s) within our Snowflake Data Warehouse.
Therefore, you will:
- Incorporate Data Engineering team sprints
- Understand the business needs and design the appropriate pipeline architecture
- Analyze raw data to be loaded in the Data Warehouse
- Build python scripts that load and transform data in Snowflake
- Write unit tests and data quality checks related to the pipeline
- Schedule and orchestrate your pipeline using Airflow
- Communicate with Operations and business teams in order to validate the output data
- You will create data pipelines that bring high value to the business
- You will be working on Snowflake, which is a cutting-edge technology for Cloud Data Warehouse
- The data ecosystem is very diverse (Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, various SaaS providers)
- You will benefit from the experience of other data engineers and learn development best practices
- You will be part of a scale-up adventure with a strong engineering culture
More about you
You are looking for a final year internship (5-6 months) to validate a master’s degree (BAC+5) in Computer Science, Data Science / Engineering or equivalent.
- You have a good knowledge of database management systems, data modelisation and structuration
- You are very familiar with Python, especially data structures like dataframes (knowledge of pyspark library is a plus)
- Basic knowledge of git, GitHub/GitLab, AWS environment is a plus
- You like to analyze data and extract useful insights
- You are above average in terms of rigor and autonomy, and you always check your results against expectations
- You are proactive and curious
- You are a team player with strong communication skills
If you think you are only matching 70% to 80% of these criterias, please send us your resume !
And if you still have some questions before applying, you can directly write to us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Why should you join us?
We are committed to the personal growth and development of all the people who join us, regardless of their level of seniority!
That's why, as an intern in our team, you will be asked to carry out the same missions as our full-time developers, and your tutor as well as the whole team will be dedicated to supporting you and helping you develop your skills.
Here are the testimonials from 2 former interns that we hired at the end of their internship, and who are still working for us!
Here is Alexandra's testimonial, you can also contact her on LinkedIn to ask your questions if needed: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexandra-jerome-367710160/
🎤 “My final internship was done here at GitGuardian. I've been offered a permanent contract which I accepted! (…) During my internship, I really liked the autonomy of a small dedicated team. As I went along, I could enjoy more and more varied missions, and take the necessary time to achieve them. We try to avoid rushing because quality is paramount in our team. We don't feel urged to ship features, and we manage to deploy every other week!”
Here is Guillaume’s testimonial, you can also contact him on LinkedIn to ask your questions if needed: https://www.linkedin.com/in/guillaume-jaouen/
🎤“I heard of GitGuardian thanks to a friend who told me about it. I made several searches about the main activity of GitGuardian, and I found it very interesting that they help companies by alerting them if a secret was accessible by anyone in the world.
Since the beginning of my internship, I have been very well received by my colleagues. My onboarding has allowed me to understand the activity of different teams and also their processes. I am currently doing an internship of 6 months at GitGuardian as a Data Engineer. All subjects covered are very interesting, and allow me to discover new technologies. At GitGuardian, I’m happy to work independently and with people who are always ready to help me if I can’t do a process.”
1 Visio call with a Lead Data Engineer
To discover your professional project and evaluate if there could be a mutual match
1 Team interview / interview with your future manager
To know more about yourself, present to you the team : missions, rituals, seniority level, and making sure you would be able to succeed in the following steps of the recruitment process
1 technical test / business case
To evaluate your skills for the position and project yourself into the role
1 final interview with the one of the co-founder
To explain to you our company’s vision and ambitions to the next couple of years, and make sure you are up for the position
Curious to know more about us ?
- GitGuardian is a global post series B cybersecurity startup, we raised $44M recently with American and European investors including top-tier VC firms.
- Among some of the visionaries who saw this unique market value proposition, are the co-founder of GitHub, Scott Chacon, along with Docker co-founder and CTO Solomon Hykes 👀
- We develop code security solutions for the DevOps generation and are a leader in the market of secrets detection & remediation.
- Our solutions are already used by hundreds of thousands of developers in all industries and GitGuardian Internal monitoring is the n°1 security app on the GitHub marketplace 🔥
- GitGuardian helps organizations find exposed sensitive information that could often lead to tens of millions of dollars in potential damage.
- We work with some of the largest IT outsourcing companies, publicly listed companies like Talend or tech companies like Datadog.
- More than 80% of our customers are in the United States.
- The majority of the team is based in Paris and we are growing fast, and in a sustainable way, while maintaining our core values.
- The Guardians are very knowledgeable, committed, serious, aligned with the company’s mission, and true team players : always willing to help pairs grow their skills !
- The team is diverse, come from more than 12 different nationalities and speak English regularly
- We are also very agile, remote-friendly, pet-friendly, and fun people to work with 🐕