What would you work on ?
GitGuardian is growing and structuring!
To ensure the growth of our organisation with quality, we are looking for a passionate Engineering Manager (EM) to help us develop a developer-first code security platform.
You will build and lead a team of Software Engineers to ship high quality features on a predictable schedule. You will report directly to the VP of Engineering.
By joining our team, you will take on the following responsibilities:
- Manage a tribe (several squads) of developers that are responsible for developing and maintaining large scale distributed software across on-premise and public cloud platforms
- Guide the design and implementation of new features to meet GitGuardian’s dynamic and evolving business needs
- Engage with users, product managers, senior tech-leads and senior management to define the team’s technical strategy and increase the efficiency and impact of the teams
- Mentor and upskill Engineering Leads (Managers) and Software Engineers on technical skills and career development, and foster a growing and collaborative culture for the teams
- Help team members set ambitious goals and achieve them, and take ownership of sub-systems
- Support recruiting efforts in order to meet changing business needs and promote internal mobility
- Help define the software engineering wide OKRs and processes
- Ensure an inclusive and healthy engineering culture
More about you
If you think you are only matching 70% to 80% of these criterias, please send us your resume !
And if you still have some questions before applying, you can directly write to us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, using Python and excellent understanding of how security teams work
- Extensive experience building systems leveraging microservices or on purpose chosen monolithic architecture
- 2+ years of experience of leading and/or managing an engineering team with a track record of shipping high quality software
- Clear, proactive communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to develop high-trust relationships with stakeholders
- Familiarity with the use of one of the following service frameworks: Django, Flask, Dropwizard, Spring Boot, gRPC, or a similar framework
- Familiarity with frontend development using either React or Angular
- Degree in engineering, computer science or similar technical field
- You like to build small scripts and CI pipelines (in Bash or Python) to improve the engineering efficiency of your team
- You’re a true team player, always willing to help your peers improve their skills
- You speak English fluently
Why should you join us?
- 💰 Attractive package that includes stock-options
- 🏡 Remote-friendly environment: up to 3 days/week for people living in Île-de-France, (almost) full-remote policy for people living elsewhere in France.
- 💻 Home office allowance to improve your set-up at home, and the latest technology equipment
- 🌴 Yearly holiday allowance
- 🤝 Referral bonus of 4000€ for any new Guardians we might hire thanks to you
- 🍺 Lots of team-building activities including 1 per month for the whole company
- 🐕 Pet-friendly offices, every Guardian gets to bring their dogs
- 👊 Working on a meaningful product, we already helped more than 200k developers!
- 📈 A strong engineering culture, see this page to discover our R&D projects
- 🚀 Many opportunities for career development in the long term
- 👫 Trust & autonomy on your perimeter with a very transparent internal communication
1 Visio call with a recruiter
To discover your professional project and evaluate if there could be a mutual match
1 interview with your future manager (founder)
To evaluate your skills for the position and project yourself into the role and to explain our company’s vision and ambitions to the next couple of years
To know more about yourself, present to you the team : missions, rituals, seniority level, and making sure you would be able to succeed in the position and our culture.
Curious to know more about us ?
GitGuardian is a global post-series B cybersecurity startup; we've raised $44M by the end of 2021 with American and European investors including top-tier VC firms.
More than ever in 2023, we have a very solid business model with a fast-growing ARR, multi-year contracts and great customer retention rates.
- Among our early investors who saw our market value proposition, are theco-founder of GitHub, Scott Chacon, along with Docker co-founder / CTO Solomon Hykes 👀
- We develop code security solutions for the DevOps generation and are a leader in the market of secrets detection & remediation.
- Our solutions are already used by hundreds of thousands of developers in all industries and GitGuardian Internal monitoring is the n°1 security app on the GitHub marketplace 🔥
- GitGuardian helps organizations find exposed sensitive information that could often lead to tens of millions of dollars in potential damage.
- We work with some of the largest IT outsourcing companies, publicly listed companies like Talend or tech companies like Datadog.
- More than 80% of our customers are in the United States.
- The majority of the team is based in Paris and we are growing fast, and in a sustainable way, while maintaining our core values.
- The Guardians are very knowledgeable, committed, serious, aligned with the company’s mission, and true team players : always willing to help pairs grow their skills !
- The team is diverse, come from more than 12 different nationalities and speak English regularly
- We are also very agile, remote-friendly, pet-friendly 🐕 in the office, and fun people to work with.
- GitGuardian Paris
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Guardians of Code
We develop code security solutions for the DevOps generation and are a leader in the market of secrets detection & remediation.
Our solutions are already used by hundreds of thousands of developers in all industries and GitGuardian Internal monitoring is the n°1 security app on the GitHub marketplace. GitGuardian helps organizations find exposed sensitive information that could often lead to tens of millions of dollars in potential damage.
We love wearing our Guardians’ cape, and help each other achieve high ambitions!
Loading application form