GitGuardian is a global post series B ($56M) cybersecurity scale-up.
Among our early investors who saw our market value proposition, are the co-founder of GitHub, Scott Chacon, along with Docker co-founder / CTO Solomon Hykes 👀. American and European top-tier VC firms have also invested in GitGuardian.
GitGuardian teams have developed a source code security platform for the DevOps generation. Our solutions are already used by more than 400K developers globally!
GitGuardian is looking for a Security Researcher, to join the product team and help for innovation!
The role, involves staying up-to-date with the latest security trends and techniques, as well as working closely with our development and product teams to design and implement new security features and with our marketing team to develop technical long-form content.
As a Security Researcher, you will be managed by our VP Product.
You will identify and evaluate ideas for new products, conduct technical research, and run experiments. You are also expected to participate in the larger security community through blog posts, research papers and participation in industry conferences.
- Researching and publishing on topics related to code security, providing technical expertise to other R&D teams, developing tools to support analysts in their day-to-day duties, and collecting technical artifacts about adversary activity.
- Analyzing, researching, and delving deep into technologies, tools, and products, existing and emerging, to understand how they work and how they can be utilized to build new solutions to user problems.
- Reproduce emerging vulnerabilities and provide actionable technical information.
- Author blog posts, research papers and conference presentations on topics and research in your area of expertise.
- Analyze our different datasets to extract insights that can be shared to the community.
Innovating in our field and showing deep expertise in cybersecurity topics is key to our success, your work will matter and will be advertised externally!
More about you
If you think you match at least 70% of these criteria, please apply!
- Expected experience of 5+ years working in a security engineer role (Application Security, Security Operations, Security Development), with 2+ years of those dedicated to research-related work, or equivalent education.
- Have a keen eye for identifying complex security problems in software and/or infrastructure, and defining their solutions.
- Enjoy hacking things and rapidly prototyping ideas.
- Be proficient in a scripting language (Python or Go).
- Be data driven and have strong data analytics skills.
- Be a team player and like collaborating on cross-functional teams.
- Have a passion for security.
- Excellent and professional communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to articulate complex topics in a clear and concise manner.
Why should you join us?
- 💰 Attractive package that includes stock-options
- 🏡 Remote-friendly environment: up to 3 days/week for people living in Île-de-France, (almost) full-remote policy for people living elsewhere in France.
- 🍜 Lunch voucher (Swile)
- 💻 Up to €300 to improve your home office set-up
- 🌴 Yearly holiday allowance
- 🤝 Referral bonus of 4000€ for any new Guardian we might hire thanks to you
- 🍺 Lots of team-building activities including 1 per month for the whole company
- 🐕 Pet-friendly offices, every Guardian gets to bring their dog from time to time
- 👊 Working on a meaningful product, we already helped more than 400k developers!
- 📈 A strong engineering culture, see this page to discover our R&D projects
- 🚀 Many opportunities for career development in the long term
- 👫 Trust & autonomy on your perimeter with a very transparent internal communication
At GitGuardian, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce.
We will ask for your gender on the application page to help us understand the diversity of our applicant pool and to track our progress in attracting and hiring a diverse workforce. The information is optional and will not be disclosed to the hiring manager or the interview team and will not be considered in the hiring process. We appreciate your willingness to share this with us so that we can continue to improve our diversity and inclusion efforts.
1. Video call with a Talent Acquisition team member
To discover your professional project and evaluate if there could be a mutual match
2. Interview with your future manager (VP Product)
To know more about yourself and your achievements, and present to you the team.
3. Business case
To evaluate your skills for the position and project yourself into the role.
4. Final interview with the CEO
Eric will explain our company’s vision and ambitions to the next couple of years.
Curious to know more about us ?
- Our solutions are already used by hundreds of thousands of developers in all industries and GitGuardian Internal monitoring is the n°1 security app on the GitHub marketplace 🔥
- GitGuardian helps organizations find exposed sensitive information that could often lead to tens of millions of dollars in potential damage.
- More than 80% of our customers are in the United States.
- Many F500 companies use GitGuardian's platform.
- The Guardians are very knowledgeable, committed, serious, aligned with the company’s mission, and true team players: always willing to help each other grow our skill sets!
- The team is diverse and we hail from more than 20 different countries!
- We are also very agile, remote-friendly, pet-friendly 🐕 in the office, and fun people to work with.