Security Engineer Intern
What would you work on ?
The Security Engineering team is responsible for securing all GitGuardian’s assets. The team implements automated security solutions to help the company scale safely & efficiently
The existing team
You will work with Kayssar, Security Engineer : https://www.linkedin.com/in/daherk/
As a Security Engineer Intern, your main mission will be to create automated & actionable security scans in CI pipelines & harden our servers & containers’ base images.
Therefore, you will:
- Understand the developers’ needs and design appropriate processes
- Battle-test code security solutions on a highly active codebase
- Ensure development velocity is maintained while introducing security features
- Harden operating systems following industry best practices
- Use modern infrastructure tools (Ansible, Packer, Semgrep, Terraform, AWS etc.) to achieve your security objectives
- You will implement important security tooling that helps ensure the company’s security compliance
- Your work helps build the DevSecOps culture at GitGuardian
- You will deploy your changes to a global SaaS application
- You will benefit from the experience of other security & platform engineers and learn about building scalable security
- You will be part of a scale-up adventure with a strong engineering culture
🤓 What are the requirements to carry out these missions?
If you think you are only matching 70% to 80% of these criterias, please send us your resume !
And if you still have some questions before applying, you can directly write to us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
You are looking for a gap year internship (5-6 months) for students completing a Computer Science or Cyber Security degree.
- You are familiar with the Unix command line environment
- You have a good knowledge of systems & container technologies
- You are very familiar with web technologies, web vulnerabilities & mitigation techniques
- You understand how cyberattacks work & understand the importance of defense in depth
- You speak French fluently, and are able to understand & write technical documentation in English
- Basic knowledge of git, GitHub/GitLab, AWS environment is a plus
- You like to build engineering solutions for other engineers, and understand how your work can impact others
- You can work independently but know when to ask for help
- You are proactive and eager to learn
🤝 How are interns integrated at GitGuardian?
We are committed to the personal growth and development of all the people who join us, regardless of their level of seniority!
That's why, as an intern in our team, you will be asked to carry out the same missions as our full-time developers, and your tutor as well as the whole team will be dedicated to supporting you and helping you develop your skills.
Here are the testimonials from 2 former interns that we hired at the end of their internship, and who are still working for us!
Here is Alexandra's testimonial, you can also contact her on LinkedIn to ask your questions if needed: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexandra-jerome-367710160/
🎤 “My final internship was done here at GitGuardian. I've been offered a permanent contract which I accepted! (…) During my internship, I really liked the autonomy of a small dedicated team. As I went along, I could enjoy more and more varied missions, and take the necessary time to achieve them. We try to avoid rushing because quality is paramount in our team. We don't feel urged to ship features, and we manage to deploy every other week!”
Here is Guillaume’s testimonial, you can also contact him on LinkedIn to ask your questions if needed: https://www.linkedin.com/in/guillaume-jaouen/
🎤“I heard of GitGuardian thanks to a friend who told me about it. I made several searches about the main activity of GitGuardian, and I found it very interesting that they help companies by alerting them if a secret was accessible by anyone in the world.
Since the beginning of my internship, I have been very well received by my colleagues. My onboarding has allowed me to understand the activity of different teams and also their processes. I am currently doing an internship of 6 months at GitGuardian as a Data Engineer. All subjects covered are very interesting, and allow me to discover new technologies. At GitGuardian, I’m happy to work independently and with people who are always ready to help me if I can’t do a process.”
We look forward to having you on board!
You can also discover our social life: events, team buildings, conferences, onboardings, on our instagram page here : https://www.instagram.com/gitguardian/
1 Visio call with your future manager
To discover your professional project and evaluate if there could be a mutual match
1 technical test
To evaluate your skills for the position and project yourself into the role
1 final interview with the Engineering Manager
To explain to you our company’s vision and ambitions to the next couple of years, and make sure you are up for the position
Curious to know more about us ?
GitGuardian is a global post-series B cybersecurity startup; we've raised $44M by the end of 2021 with American and European investors including top-tier VC firms.
More than ever in 2023, we have a very solid business model with a fast-growing ARR, multi-year contracts and great customer retention rates.
- Among our early investors who saw our market value proposition, are the co-founder of GitHub, Scott Chacon, along with Docker co-founder / CTO Solomon Hykes 👀
- We develop code security solutions for the DevOps generation and are a leader in the market of secrets detection & remediation.
- Our solutions are already used by hundreds of thousands of developers in all industries and GitGuardian Internal monitoring is the n°1 security app on the GitHub marketplace 🔥
- GitGuardian helps organizations find exposed sensitive information that could often lead to tens of millions of dollars in potential damage.
- We work with some of the largest IT outsourcing companies, publicly listed companies like Talend or tech companies like Datadog.
- More than 80% of our customers are in the United States.
- The majority of the team is based in Paris and we are growing fast, and in a sustainable way, while maintaining our core values.
- The Guardians are very knowledgeable, committed, serious, aligned with the company’s mission, and true team players : always willing to help pairs grow their skills !
- The team is diverse, come from more than 12 different nationalities and speak English regularly.
- We are also very agile, remote-friendly, pet-friendly 🐕 in the office, and fun people to work with.
- GitGuardian Paris
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Guardians of Code
We develop code security solutions for the DevOps generation and are a leader in the market of secrets detection & remediation.
Our solutions are already used by hundreds of thousands of developers in all industries and GitGuardian Internal monitoring is the n°1 security app on the GitHub marketplace. GitGuardian helps organizations find exposed sensitive information that could often lead to tens of millions of dollars in potential damage.
We love wearing our Guardians’ cape, and help each other achieve high ambitions!
Security Engineer Intern
Loading application form