GitGuardian is a global post series B ($56M) cybersecurity scale-up.
Among our early investors who saw our market value proposition, are the co-founder of GitHub, Scott Chacon, along with Docker co-founder / CTO Solomon Hykes 👀. As well as American and European top-tier VC firms.
We develop a source code security platform for the DevOps generation. Our solutions are already used by more than 300K developers across the world!
As a Security Engineer Intern, your main mission will be to audit our applications’ security & harden our servers & containers’ base images.
Therefore, you will:
- Follow industry standard audit frameworks to identify weaknesses within our applications
- Understand & attack our applications to validate potential vulnerabilities
- Understand GitGuardian’s software development life cycle and contribute to the security team’s backlog
- Harden operating systems following industry best practices
- Use modern infrastructure tools (Ansible, Packer, Semgrep, Terraform, AWS etc.) to achieve your security objectives
- You will audit a security critical application and help ensure our clients’ security
- Your work helps build the security culture at GitGuardian
- You will contribute and push changes to a global SaaS application
- You will benefit from the experience of other security & platform engineers and learn about building scalable security
- You will be part of a scale-up adventure with a strong engineering culture
If you think you are only matching 70% to 80% of these criteria, please send us your resume!
You are completing a Computer Science or Cyber Security degree, and are looking for a 5-6 months long internship, starting in February / March 2024.
- You are familiar with the Unix command line environment
- You are very familiar with web technologies, web vulnerabilities & mitigation techniques
- You understand how cyberattacks work & understand the importance of defense in depth
- You have a good knowledge of systems & container technologies
- You are able to speak english fluently & write technical documentation in english
- You have basic knowledge of git & GitHub/GitLab
- You speak french and english fluently
- You are organized, and understand how your work can impact others
- You can work independently but know when to ask for help
- You are proactive and eager to learn
- You are a team player with strong communication skills
- 💰 Attractive package that includes stock-options
- 🏡 Remote-friendly environment: up to 3 days/week for people living in Île-de-France, (almost) full-remote policy for people living elsewhere in France.
- 🍜 Lunch voucher (Swile)
- 💻 Home office allowance to improve your set-up at home
- 🌴 Yearly holiday allowance
- 🤝 Referral bonus of 4000€ for any new Guardian we might hire thanks to you
- 🍺 Lots of team-building activities including 1 per month for the whole company
- 🐕 Pet-friendly offices, every Guardian gets to bring their dog from time to time
- 👊 Working on a meaningful product, we already helped more than 300k developers!
- 📈 A strong engineering culture, see this page to discover our R&D projects
- 🚀 Many opportunities for career development in the long term
- 👫 Trust & autonomy on your perimeter with a very transparent internal communication
At GitGuardian, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce.
We will ask for your gender on the application page to help us understand the diversity of our applicant pool and to track our progress in attracting and hiring a diverse workforce. The information is optional and will not be disclosed to the hiring manager or the interview team and will not be considered in the hiring process. We appreciate your willingness to share this with us so that we can continue to improve our diversity and inclusion efforts.
1. Interview with your future manager
To know more about yourself and make sure you would be able to succeed in the following steps of the recruitment process
2. Technical assignment followed by a reporting meeting
To evaluate your hard skills for the position and project yourself into the role.
3. Final interview with some team members
To evaluate cultural fit with the organization
Curious to know more about us ?
- Our solutions are already used by hundreds of thousands of developers in all industries and GitGuardian Internal monitoring is the n°1 security app on the GitHub marketplace 🔥
- GitGuardian helps organizations find exposed sensitive information that could often lead to tens of millions of dollars in potential damage.
- More than 80% of our customers are in the United States.
- The Guardians are very knowledgeable, committed, serious, aligned with the company’s mission, and true team players : always willing to help pairs grow their skills !
- The team is diverse, come from more than 12 different nationalities and speak English regularly.
- We are also very agile, remote-friendly, pet-friendly 🐕 in the office, and fun people to work with.