GitGuardian is a global post series B ($56M) cybersecurity scale-up.
Among our early investors who saw our market value proposition, are the co-founder of GitHub, Scott Chacon, along with Docker co-founder / CTO Solomon Hykes 👀. As well as American and European top-tier VC firms.
We develop a source code security platform for the DevOps generation. Our solutions are already used by more than 400K developers across the world!
GitGuardians’ Legal Department (currently 2 members) is responsible for providing legal advice and support across all areas of the business, including commercial contracts, data privacy and protection, and regulatory compliance.
Being part of the team, you will work under the guidance of our Commercial Counsel and interact with all the company’s departments, with the aim of sustaining the company’s growth, including in the USA.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating all types of commercial contracts, including but not limited to SaaS Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements and Evaluation Agreements.
- Providing guidance on a range of legal matters, including intellectual property, and dispute resolution, in collaboration with external legal counsels and other service providers as needed.
- Advising on data privacy and protection matters, including the implementation and monitoring of GDPR compliance action plans.
- Assisting with corporate governance matters and legal policies and procedures to ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Improving our legal template database by reviewing, drafting, and implementing new templates and standard documentation, as well as ensuring that the business is properly trained to use them.
- Participating in awareness-raising throughout the company and maintaining an ongoing legal watch to inform the executive committee of any changes that may affect GitGuardian.
If you think you match at least 70% of these criteria, please apply!
- Bachelor's law degree from an accredited university (LL.M. from a US-accredited university welcomed).
- At least 3 years of experience in a fast-paced environment (either a law firm or in-house legal department) on commercial and compliance matters.
- Fluent English (bonus if you can speak and write proficiently in French).
- Practical business judgment, you understand that the legal department aim to support GitGuardian's growth.
- Strong interest in the legal and regulatory aspects of product development.
- Good communication skills and enthusiastic personality.
- SaaS contracts experience in a tech company.
- Customer facing experience.
- 💰 Attractive package that includes stock-options
- 🏡 Remote-friendly environment: up to 3 days/week for people living in Île-de-France, (almost) full-remote policy for people living elsewhere in France.
- 🍜 Lunch voucher (Swile)
- 💻 Home office allowance to improve your set-up at home
- 🌴 Yearly holiday allowance
- 🤝 Referral bonus of 4000€ for any new Guardian we might hire thanks to you
- 🍺 Lots of team-building activities including 1 per month for the whole company
- 🐕 Pet-friendly offices, every Guardian gets to bring their dog from time to time
- 👊 Working on a meaningful product, we already helped more than 400k developers!
- 📈 A strong engineering culture, see this page to discover our R&D projects
- 🚀 Many opportunities for career development in the long term
- 👫 Trust & autonomy on your perimeter with a very transparent internal communication
At GitGuardian, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce.
We will ask for your gender on the application page to help us understand the diversity of our applicant pool and to track our progress in attracting and hiring a diverse workforce. The information is optional and will not be disclosed to the hiring manager or the interview team and will not be considered in the hiring process. We appreciate your willingness to share this with us so that we can continue to improve our diversity and inclusion efforts.
1. Video call with a recruiter
To discover your professional project and evaluate if there could be a mutual match.
2. Interview with your future manager (Commercial Counsel)
To know more about yourself, present to you the team : missions, rituals, seniority level, and deep dive into your professional achievements.
3. Practical case
To evaluate your skills for the position and project yourself into the role
To prepare at home (about 1.5h) and to present to the N+1 (Commercial Counsel) and N+2 (COO).
4. Final interview with the COO
To explain our company’s vision and ambitions to the next couple of years.
Curious to know more about us ?
- Our solutions are already used by hundreds of thousands of developers in all industries and GitGuardian Internal monitoring is the n°1 security app on the GitHub marketplace 🔥
- GitGuardian helps organizations find exposed sensitive information that could often lead to tens of millions of dollars in potential damage.
- More than 80% of our customers are in the United States.
- Many F500 companies use GitGuardian's platform.
- The Guardians are very knowledgeable, committed, serious, aligned with the company’s mission, and true team players: always willing to help each other grow our skill sets!
- The team is diverse and we hail from more than 20 different countries!
- We are also very agile, remote-friendly, pet-friendly 🐕 in the office, and fun people to work with.