GitGuardian is a global post series B ($56M) cybersecurity scale-up.
Among our early investors who saw our market value proposition, are the co-founder of GitHub, Scott Chacon, along with Docker co-founder / CTO Solomon Hykes 👀. As well as American and European top-tier VC firms.
We develop a source code security platform for the DevOps generation. Our solutions are already used by more than 400K developers across the world!
In which team ?
The SCA team within engineering is responsible for the development of new vulnerability detection engines (Software Composition Analysis) and their integration into our platform.
As a Backend Engineer , your main task will be to understand and improve the dependency detection engine.
Those are topics related to Software Composition Analysis: a code security vertical aiming at analyzing open source components of an application (such as Python dependencies) to ensure they are safe to use.
- Investigate performance issues (speed, results) and new features for the search engine
- Present and implement improvements to resolve the defects found.
- Integrate new functionalities into our platform
- You've got plenty of data to back up your analysis : we've scanned nearly 19 billion documents over the last 4 years
- You will work with highly valued technologies in the job market
- You will benefit from the experience of other Software Engineer and learn development best practices
- You will be part of a scale-up adventure with a strong engineering culture
What are the requirements to carry out these missions?
- You are looking for a final year internship (5-6 months) to validate a master’s degree (BAC+5) in Computer Science or equivalent.
- You are familiar with git and you like to code
- You are familiar with rest API and relational database conceptsYou have a good python coding level
- 💰 Attractive compensation
- 🏡 Remote-friendly environment: up to 3 days/week for people living in Île-de-France, (almost) full-remote policy for people living elsewhere in France.
- 🍜 Lunch voucher (Swile)
- 🤝 Referral bonus of 4000€ for any new Guardian we might hire thanks to you
- 🍺 Lots of team-building activities including 1 per month for the whole company
- 🐕 Pet-friendly offices, every Guardian gets to bring their dog from time to time
- 👊 Working on a meaningful product, we already helped more than 400k developers!
- 📈 A strong engineering culture, see this page to discover our R&D projects
- 🚀 Many opportunities for career development in the long term
- 👫 Trust & autonomy on your perimeter with a very transparent internal communication
1. Visio call with a recruiter
To discover your professional project and evaluate if there could be a mutual match.
2. Technical test
To evaluate your first skills for the position and project yourself into the role
3. Team interview / to meet your future manager
To know more about yourself, present to you the team : missions, rituals, seniority level, and making sure you would be able to succeed in the following steps of the recruitment process
Curious to know more about us ?
- Our solutions are already used by hundreds of thousands of developers in all industries and GitGuardian Internal monitoring is the n°1 security app on the GitHub marketplace 🔥
- GitGuardian helps organizations find exposed sensitive information that could often lead to tens of millions of dollars in potential damage.
- More than 80% of our customers are in the United States.
- The Guardians are very knowledgeable, committed, serious, aligned with the company’s mission, and true team players : always willing to help pairs grow their skills !
- The team is diverse, come from more than 12 different nationalities and speak English regularly.
- We are also very agile, remote-friendly, pet-friendly 🐕 in the office, and fun people to work with.