GitGuardian is a global post series B ($56M) cybersecurity startup, with American and European investors including top-tier VC firms.
Among our early investors who saw our market value proposition, are the co-founder of GitHub, Scott Chacon, along with Docker co-founder / CTO Solomon Hykes 👀.
We develop a source code security platform for the DevOps generation. Our solutions are already used by more than 400K developers across the world!
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to help us grow and manage a team of Software Engineers to ship high quality features on a predictable schedule, by reporting to an Engineering Manager.
- Backend: Python + Django, Go, RabbitMQ, Redis
- DB: PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch (+ Kibana)
- Frontend: React / Typescript
- Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS
Working at GitGuardian, you will join a 50 Engineers team, organized in 3 tribes. Each tribe includes complete development squads (with a Lead Software Engineer, backend, fullstack and frontend Engineers, QA, PM, Designer) and with all experience levels (from junior to staff).
- Manage a team that is responsible for developing and maintaining large scale distributed software across on-premise and public cloud platforms
- Participate in the design and implementation of new features to meet GitGuardian’s dynamic and evolving business needs
- Engage with users, product managers, senior tech-leads and senior management to define the team’s technical strategy and increase the efficiency and impact of the team
- Mentor and upskill other team members on technical skills and career development, and foster a growing and collaborative culture for the team
- Help team members set ambitious goals and achieve them, and take ownership of sub-systems
- Support recruiting efforts in order to meet changing business needs and promote internal mobility
- Help define the software engineering wide OKRs and processes
- Ensure an inclusive and healthy engineering culture
If you think you match at least 70% of these criteria, please apply!
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- 1+ years of experience of leading and/or managing an engineering team with a track record of shipping high quality software
- Former experience as a developer using Python and excellent understanding of how security teams work
- Clear, proactive communication skills, both written and verbal
- Extensive experience building systems leveraging microservices or on purpose chosen monolithic architecture
- Familiarity with the use of one of the following service frameworks: Django, Flask, Dropwizard, Spring Boot, gRPC, or a similar framework
- Familiarity with frontend development using either React or Angular
- You like to build small scripts and CI pipelines (in Bash or Python) to improve the engineering efficiency of your team
- Fluent English
Why should you join us?
- 💰 Attractive package that includes stock-options
- 🏡 Remote-friendly environment: up to 3 days/week for people living in Île-de-France, (almost) full-remote policy for people living elsewhere in France.
- 💻 Home office allowance to improve your set-up at home, and the latest technology equipment
- 🌴 Yearly holiday allowance
- 🤝 Referral bonus of 4000€ for any new Guardians we might hire thanks to you
- 🍺 Lots of team-building activities including 1 per month for the whole company
- 🐕 Pet-friendly offices, every Guardian gets to bring their dogs
- 👊 Working on a meaningful product, we already helped more than 400k developers!
- 📈 A strong engineering culture, see this page to discover our R&D projects
- 🚀 Many opportunities for career development in the long term
- 👫 Trust & autonomy on your perimeter with a very transparent internal communication
At GitGuardian, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce.
We will ask for your gender on the application page to help us understand the diversity of our applicant pool and to track our progress in attracting and hiring a diverse workforce. The information is optional and will not be disclosed to the hiring manager or the interview team and will not be considered in the hiring process. We appreciate your willingness to share this with us so that we can continue to improve our diversity and inclusion efforts.
1. Video call with a recruiter
To discover your professional project and evaluate if there could be a mutual match
2. Technical interview
To evaluate your hard skills for the position and project yourself into the role
3. Final interviews with Executive Managers
To explain to you our company’s vision and ambitions to the next couple of years, and make sure you are up for the position
Curious to know more about us ?
- Our solutions are already used by hundreds of thousands of developers in all industries and GitGuardian Internal monitoring is the n°1 security app on the GitHub marketplace 🔥
- GitGuardian helps organizations find exposed sensitive information that could often lead to tens of millions of dollars in potential damage.
- More than 80% of our customers are in the United States.
- Many F500 companies use GitGuardian's platform.
- The Guardians are very knowledgeable, committed, serious, aligned with the company’s mission, and true team players: always willing to help each other grow our skill sets!
- The team is diverse and we hail from more than 20 different countries!
- We are also very agile, remote-friendly, pet-friendly 🐕 in the office, and fun people to work with.